...goes a long way, especially when I'm thinking about brands, brand management and the power of brands to build successful organizations and careers.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A most unique introduction

Today, I was honored with a most unique introduction. A client contact introduced me to his board of directors by saying "This is Mark True, and what I like about Mark is his last name: True. I've come to admire the work he and his firm does because he's not afraid to hurt someone's feelings if it reflects the truth and helps his clients."

I can live with that. That's my story.

As I said in an previous post, consultants have to be willing to stick their necks out. They have to be willing to tell the client what they need to hear, not what they want to hear. If your consultant or agency or design firm isn't willing to offend you once in awhile, fire them.

You deserve better.

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can appreciate your satisfaction at hearing that introduction.

I ask clients if anyone within their organization can ask this "blue jeans" question; do these jeans make me look fat? Just being able to ask the question is a start for most companies that need a entirely new level of honesty.

Of course, if someone can answer, "no, it's your hips that make you look fat", you know you are on the path to becoming an effective company of brand owners.

6:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home