...goes a long way, especially when I'm thinking about brands, brand management and the power of brands to build successful organizations and careers.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I've been tagged

Earlier today, Mike Wagner walked into my office and touched me on the shoulder, saying only, "Tag, your it." Deep into my work for the first time on a completely unproductive day, I said "huh?" and we started talking about blogs. It doesn't take much for Mike and I to talk about blogs...or brands or creativity or leadership; we've been learning about blogs side by side for the last couple of months from Mike Sansone and we like to share little victories and frustrations with the technology and wrestle with those other subjects.

That's how the "Four Things Meme" made its way to me.

So here goes my attempt at carrying on the conversation...

Four jobs I've had:
1. clown mascot for a minor league baseball team
2. very inept (still a clown, some would say) forklift driver
3. pizza driver (thank goodness we didn't offer a 30-minute guarantee)
4. editor for an upholstered furniture trade magazine

Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. Hoosiers
3. Remember the Titans
4. The Firm(it was shot in Memphis, so it reminds me of home)

Four places I have lived:
1. Memphis, Tennessee
2. Davenport, Iowa
3. Des Moines, Iowa
4. Carlisle, Iowa

Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. The West Wing (I was a late adopter, and will really miss this one)
2. Love Monkey
3. Survivor
4. College Basketball (I have to agree with Mike on this one!)

Four places I have been on holiday:
1. Myrtle Beach, S. C.
2. Hackensack, Minn.
3. Wisconsin Dells
4. Platte River State Park, Nebraska

Four websites I visit daily:
1. The ICE Technorati Tag Generator
2. Google (can we say 'hourly')
3. Bloglines
4. OwnYourBrand.com

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Pizza
2. Cornbread
3. Barbecue anything
4. Pizza

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. geocaching in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park
2. Saguaro National Park, AZ (one of my two most creative places on the planet)
3. Sundance Ski Resort (the other most creative place on the planet, preferable right next to the wood oven grill in the restaurant in the main lodge)
4. In a cabin on any lake north of Brainard, Minnesota (well, maybe not right NOW, but in a few months)

And four bloggers I am tagging:
1. Jennifer Rice of What's Your Brand Mantra, because she was the first to warmly welcome me to the blogosphere.
2. Olivier Blanchard of the Brand Builder Blog, because his was the first blog to put a link to mine, so he must have thought I had something worth reading.
3. John Wagner of On Message from Wagner Communications, because he's a soccer fan and a PR guy and knows that soccer could use some more positive PR.
4. The Sporting Rogue, if he'll accept, because he's a soccer nut who listed me under "eclectic blogs" on his soccer-full website and seems to live and breathe the beautiful game.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another minor league baseball guy! I knew there was something about you:-)

I forgot all about the Tag Generator.

Good stuff Mark, as usual

12:28 AM

 
Blogger John Wagner said...

Mark:

Just got back from vacation and saw your tag ... you can find my answers to the 'four questions' here.

http://wagnercomm.blogspot.com/2006/02/tag-im-it-fun-friday-activity.html

9:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice National Parks to go to. You also gotta go to Glacier National Park, and Rocky Mountain National Park.

3:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home