...goes a long way, especially when I'm thinking about brands, brand management and the power of brands to build successful organizations and careers.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Now stepping up to the plate

Another blog. And it's about branding. You're probably thinking "Jeeeesh, can't these brand people get someone to pay them for their ideas so we don't have to read them on blogs?"

Yes, it's true. There are a lot of bloggers whipping out brand missives. And there are a lot of well-known brand experts using up bandwidth, but I think that's part of the lifelong learning that seems to be rampant among some of the best and some of the not-yet-known. The people I have the pleasure of talking brand with are always reading, always looking at new ideas and always updating their own thinking. They read the latest business books, they dig through business magazines and they observe what's going on around them. And they use blogs - and the amazing quality of community that blogs can build - to give shape to their ideas.

That's what I hope to do. While I write for my firm's website I don't always think my comments warrant that amount of effort. And our website isn't built for blogging. Therefore, I'll give it a shot here for awhile and see what happens...just like millions of others who have turned to the internet because they think they have something to say.

If you read it, good. If you write back, even better. But if nobody comes to this site, that's okay: it will give me a chance to work on my writing, flesh out a few ideas and not waste anybody's time doing so.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun!

10:29 AM

 
Blogger Olivier Blanchard said...

Welcome to the blogfest.

11:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home